Friday 2 December 2011

Week 6

Time is now flying past as I get towards the end of my time here. This week I have concentrated on getting the 3 year strategy finished and circulated to the Board. This is the key deliverable and I will be presenting it to the Board on Monday. We'll see how it goes!

Thursday was World Aids Day and the Forum organised a number of local groups to attend. Pictures attached. I didnt attend as the new accountant (Mwanza) joined that day and so I endeavoured to do his induction. I think he will be a real asset to the organisation but as he is the one that I argued for at the interviews I would say that! Also met with the country manager of Emerging World the organisation that organised my trip. Very constructive and positive. As a result will be visiting a brand new organisation next week to help them with governance and get off to a good start. They are looking at pump-priming small agriculture businesses, not the farming itself but support businesses. They are keen to explore further the organic fertiliser business idea I have.

Friday we went back to Chongwe to meet with the Mitengo Womens Cooperative Organisation again. They liked the early draft of the strategy I produced for the Forum and have asked me to do theirs. A very good discussion and then  a tour of the communities to see the work they are doing. Fantastic stuff. Loads of photos (I think we took over  100) and will try and upload  as many as I can this weekend with a brief summary of what I found.




Next week is the Board meeting, updating the strategy as a result, meet the new Agri Business organisation and hopefully arrange to see a community North of Lusaka who are supported by a small British charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment