Saturday 10 December 2011

Birds and the Bees

Well I have reached my last weekend here in Zambia. Spent Saturday morning cracking on with a second strategic plan this time for Mintengo Womens Cooperative Service (the guys with the pigs, goats etc). Enjoying doing this one as they want to be more financially secure via commercial trading or income generating activities as they call them. Will need to work hard next few days to get it complete. This afternoon I relaxed in the garden watching the birds and butterflies and then chasing them all over the place to try and get some photos. The following and next couple of posts show a couple of butterflies (these are for you Richard but I dont do them justice and I cant get the big green and black, and the black and gold ones I really want), a bird building its nest (and a shakey dark video that I hope you can see it at work) and some of the flowers and shrubs here as well.



Butterfly is towards bottom right - black and blue.
Hopefully you can zoom in!

After a massive storm Friday night the afternoon was glorious (burnt my head again). Sunshine, blue skies, swallows all over the place and a brass band playing Christmas carols (badly) outside the supermarket. And yet cant get the Christmas spirit. Oh well when I come back home to rain, sleet and snow I am sure I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment