Sunday 18 December 2011

Last Day Photos 2

At Mintengo I met again the women from the vegtable garden and they very kindly gave me a gift in exchange for the pipe and wire - a live chicken! I then presented the 5 year strategic plan that I prepared for them to their Board which went very well and they gave me a fantastic hand carved Africa with the big six animals carved wityhin it; elephant, lion, cheetah, giraffe, water buffalo and rhino. Fantastic and totally unexpected.

A quick update on the first group I met in Kafue. We managed to get the new local MP involved and as a result they will be moving after the rains to a new location but they will get land security there which means things such as water and santitation can be addressed. They will also be put in touch with groups such as Mintengo who can help them follow a self help model that works. Overall a good result but the start of the journey for them not the end, but it is a start.

Overall a fantastic experience. Met some great people and I will be staying in touch and hopefully going back in the future if we can find a way. Certainly will be supporting those I can by trying to fund investment in small capital items that will enable them to help themselves. Mintengo will be getting two more pigs this week that will kick start pig rearing for one of their groups. Food security is a strategic goal for all.

If anyone wants to know more on any of the groups I have been involved with or is interested in helping any of them please get in touch with me.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Friends,Thanks for the excellent contribution over Africa. I love this image it's beautiful and heart touching.keep it up !

    Thanks lot !!
    Nicole kidman.
    Voluntariado en Peru

    ReplyDelete